Freeze dried kale is a convenient and delicious way to enjoy all the health benefits of kale without the hassle of preparing fresh kale. It is a crunchy and flavorful snack that can be eaten on its own or added to smoothies, yogurt, and other dishes.
- 1 What is Freeze Dried Kale?
- 2 Health Benefits of Freeze Dried Kale
- 3 Where to Buy Freeze Dried Kale
- 4 How to Store Freeze Dried Kale
- 5 Safety tips:
- 6 How to Eat Freeze Dried Kale
- 7 Recipes with Freeze Dried Kale
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Resources
- 10 Read more blogs:
What is Freeze Dried Kale?
Freeze dried kale is kale that has been frozen and then dehydrated at a low temperature. This process removes the water from the kale without damaging the nutrients. As a result, freeze dried kale is just as nutritious as fresh kale, but it has a longer shelf life and is much easier to store.
Health Benefits of Freeze Dried Kale
Freeze dried kale is a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as minerals such as iron, calcium, and magnesium. It is also a good source of antioxidants and fiber.
Some of the potential health benefits of freeze-dried kale include:
- Improved cardiovascular health: Kale contains compounds that can help to lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Reduced risk of cancer: Kale contains antioxidants that can help to protect cells from damage.
- Improved digestion: Kale is a good source of fiber, which can help to keep the digestive system healthy.
- Stronger bones: Kale is a good source of vitamin K, which is essential for strong bones.
Healthier skin: Kale contains vitamins A and C, which are important for healthy skin.
Where to Buy Freeze Dried Kale
|Whole Foods Market
|Sprouts Farmers Market
|Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
How to Store Freeze Dried Kale
To store freeze dried kale, follow these steps:
- Choose a cool, dry place to store the kale. A pantry or a kitchen cabinet are good options.
- Transfer the kale to an airtight container, such as a glass jar or a plastic storage container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Label the container with the date and the contents.
- Store the kale for up to two years.
Here are some additional tips for storing freeze dried kale:
- Avoid storing freeze-dried kale in the refrigerator or freezer. This can cause the kale to become soggy.
- Keep the kale away from direct sunlight and heat.
- If you live in a humid climate, you may want to store the kale in a desiccant container to absorb any moisture in the air.
- Check the kale periodically for any signs of mold or spoilage. If you see any mold or spoilage, discard the kale immediately.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling freeze-dried kale.
- Avoid eating freeze-dried kale if it has expired or if it shows any signs of mold or spoilage.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before eating freeze-dried kale, as it is high in vitamin K, which can interfere with blood thinners.
How to Eat Freeze Dried Kale
Freeze dried kale can be eaten on its own as a snack. It can also be added to smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, and other dishes. Freeze dried kale can also be used to make kale chips or kale powder.
Here are a few ideas for how to eat freeze dried kale:
- Snack: Eat freeze dried kale on its own as a healthy snack.
- Smoothie: Add freeze dried kale to smoothies for a boost of nutrition.
- Yogurt: Add freeze dried kale to yogurt for a crunchy and flavorful topping.
- Oatmeal: Add freeze dried kale to oatmeal for a nutritious and satisfying breakfast.
- Kale chips: Bake freeze dried kale in the oven with olive oil and seasonings to make kale chips.
- Kale powder: Grind freeze-dried kale into a powder to use in recipes such as soups, stews, and sauces.
Recipes with Freeze Dried Kale
|Freeze-Dried Kale Smoothie
|1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup frozen berries, 1 tablespoon freeze-dried kale powder
|Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately!
|Freeze-Dried Kale Yogurt Parfait
|1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup freeze-dried kale powder, 1/4 cup granola, 1/4 cup berries
|Layer the yogurt, kale powder, granola, and berries in a jar or parfait glass. Repeat the layers until the jar or glass is full. Enjoy immediately!
|Freeze-Dried Kale Soup
|1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 onion, chopped, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 4 cups chicken broth, 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained, 1/2 cup freeze-dried kale powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
|Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, kale powder, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve immediately!
|Freeze Dried Kale Chips
|1/2 cup freeze-dried kale, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
|Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the freeze-dried kale on the baking sheet. Drizzle the kale with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake the kale for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy. Let the kale cool before serving.
|Freeze Dried Kale Pesto
|1/2 cup freeze-dried kale, 1/4 cup pine nuts, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1/4 cup olive oil
|Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pasta, grilled vegetables, or bread.
Freeze-dried kale is a convenient and delicious way to enjoy all the health benefits of kale. It is a versatile ingredient that can be eaten on its own or added to a variety of dishes.
- Effect of combined infrared freeze drying and microwave vacuum drying on quality of kale yoghurt melts
- Effect of pre-treatment and drying methods on the content of minerals, B-group vitamins, and tocopherols in kale (Brassica oleracea L. var. acephala) leaves
- The Functional Properties of Chokeberry and Kale Powders Obtained by an Innovative Method of Fluidised-Bed Jet Milling with Drying Compared to Freeze Drying
- Effect of cold storage and Harvest Date on bioactive compounds in Curly Kale (Brassica oleracea L. var. acephala)
- Effect of Air-Drying and Freeze-Drying Temperature on the Process Kinetics and Physicochemical Characteristics of White Mulberry Fruits (Morus alba L.)
1: Does freeze dried kale have fiber?
es, freeze-dried kale has fiber. In fact, one cup of freeze-dried kale contains about 2 grams of fiber, which is about 8% of the recommended daily intake of fiber for adults.
2: What are the benefits of dried kale?
Dried kale is a nutritious and convenient snack that is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.
3: How do I freeze kale?
1. Wash and dry kale leaves.
2. Chop or tear kale leaves into desired pieces and freeze in a freezer-safe bag or container
4: How do you freeze kale without blanching it first?
Wash and dry kale leaves, spread on a baking sheet, and freeze until solid. Transfer to a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to 6 months.
Read more blogs: